Stories I Ate This Month: JANUARY 2018

Thursday, February 1, 2018

I got this idea from my favorite booktuber, Christine Riccio from PolandBananasBooks,  and I decided to adapt this on my blog since not only am I into books but I love movies and series as well. I review books but I have no idea how to really review a movie or a series so I'm only going to talk about them in snippets here in this blog segment. Nit only that,  though,  this would also sort'a be the wrap-up for all the books that I've read for that month.
This month I've read a total of six books, binge-watched Riverdale Season 1, watched an episode of Black Mirror (Play Test), and finished just two movies.
Movies

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by Simon Fairhurst
Source: posterspy
I've always wanted to be a Potterhead and I really do hate mainstream but I guess Harry Potter buzz would never die down and I am really interested in all that fuss. Basically, almost all of my bookish friends are potterheads and I only know bits and pieces about it. I haven't watched every single movie and I've only ever read the first book and I feel so lame and out of the loop. Not that I actually cared though, but I'm genuinely interested not just because everyone loves it and almost every bookworm read it,  but I really do want to know every character that everybody loves to love and everybody loves to hate.

So going back, I told Daniela that I would marathon all the movies and maybe read all the books,  and she told me "GOODLUCK!" *mejo sarcastic yata* HAHHAHAH,  probably because it would take me forever to finish the books, but I could definitely start on the movies, right? But so far, I've only watched the first movie and at this point, me being curious in a lot of books lately, it would take me the whole 2018 to actually finish everything.  Wish me luck!

Coyote Ugly
Coyote Ugly. I really love this movie the fact that it takes a her a while to find out she can be whoever she wants to be is really inspiring.
Source: imdb
I know I've watched this before but I totally forgot it already and if you actually know me, it doesn't matter if I watch a certain movie 100 times,  I would still watch it for the hundred and first, especially if I really love that movie.

In this case though, I just wanted to remember what the movie was about and I think this movie was a craze during its time and right now,  watching it, it just became a typical story to me. But considering that this story line was a big concept in music movies,  a small town girl trying to make it into the big city, it was actually good, but nothing could ever replace Burlesque when it comes to that kind of clichΓ©. I love that movie so much and I've watched it a million times. πŸ˜…

Series


Riverdale Season 1
Riverdale is the new Netflix series based on the characters of Archie comics.
Source: senscritique
Just like all the fuss, I've never wanted to actually watch Riverdale when it was all that people talked about until I watched a short trailer on youtube about Southside merging with Riverdale High. It piqued my interest because I dig those kind of stories and I was waiting for it to happen while watching the whole first season only to find out that that trailer was for season 2! πŸ˜‚ I was like, when will Southside merge with Riverdale High?!?!  Silly me! I do not know anything about the storyline!

I loved the color scheme of this series. The dark perfectly painted the picture of mystery surrounding Riverdale. I love that the story was not predictable. You will come to the point where you'll really suspect the real killer but you don't see any motive at all,  but I guess a lot of things are just sick and the story was executed perfectly well for a mystery that everybody wants to unveil but eventually, the story will unveil itself and you can do nothing but grasp at straws in order to know who the real killer was. It was still a bit unconvincing for me, the motive of the killer, so I'm going to research more on that in case I missed the point while watching it.


Black Mirror
Black Mirror Minimalist Posters – Fubiz Media
Source: fubiz
I have no idea why I still haven't finished everything with this series. I'm guilty of having a short attention span and I really do love each story of Black Mirror but it would take me days to be inspired to pick up where I last left off in the series. I think the reason why I am not eager to finish it was because it's gaining popularity and I don't know what's wrong with me, really,  but my disinterest despite my amazement and love for the series is just so weird right now.

The last episode that I have watched is called Play Test and IT. WAS. SICK! I was never really inclined to the whole idea of facing your fears in some kind of a virtual reality game. It was like the one in the divergent series. Only, this certain technology really digs its claws all the way down to the darkest parts of your mind. It was a beta-test before it comes out into the market but shit, every test for that tech failed and it cost a life. It was just a virtual reality,  but it friggin'killed a person!!  😱😱😱

Books

Post a Comment